Rick talks to Sharon Miller and Steve Strauss about Bank of America
According to the U.S Small Business Administration, 99.7% of U.S employers are small businesses, making them a true driving force of the American economy. With consumer confidence and spending on the rise, now is the time for budding entrepreneurs and seasoned business owners alike to evaluate how they are managing their businesses and identify opportunities for growth in the year ahead.
Sharon Miller and Steve Strauss, Small Business Expert join Rick to share tips to guide your business to success. They will also offer resources to help plan and manage growth, whether you’re in the early stages of business or an experienced veteran. The key to a successful business is starting small, thinking big, and using all the resources at your disposal.
They invite you to check out: bankofamerica.com/businessadvantage360
Watch Rick's interview:
SOME OF THEIR TIPS INCLUDE:
· Develop a business plan: This will serve as the roadmap to build your business and should include everything from the name of your new business and how you’ll market it to what you need in terms of initial financing.
· Leverage your network: Tap into your personal and professional networks to help build a robust community to support your business.
· Take advantage of technology: Leverage technology like social media and business management platforms to operate more efficiently and avoid stressors.
· Be thoughtful in your hiring: As you grow your business, make sure you are poised to compete with large corporations to attract and retain top talent.
· Remember the “5 C’s”: Keep in mind that generally creditors will evaluate you against the “5 Cs” of credit when making financing decisions: Capacity, Collateral, Capital, Conditions, and Character. In addition to these 5 C's, there’s one more C that can make a world of difference: communication!
Sharon Miller is the Head of Small Business at Bank of America. Her team is responsible for delivering business and personal financial solutions to the company’s nine million business owner clients. Miller’s team of more than 2,500 associates delivers advice and guidance on cash management, business financing, home lending, investments and retirement.
Steven D. Strauss is one of the world's leading experts on small business and is a lawyer, writer, and speaker. The senior small business columnist for USA Today, his Ask an Expert column is one of the most highly-syndicated business columns in the country. He is the best-selling author of 17 books, including his latest, The Small Business Bible, now out in a completely updated third edition. You can also listen to his weekly podcast, Small Business Success.©