Ford, in partnership with Amazon, is bringing goods deliveries into the 21st Century through Amazon Key In-Car Delivery. Now, Ford and Lincoln owners can schedule their Amazon Prime orders to be delivered directly to their vehicles.
* You have to drive a Ford or Lincoln vehicle *
Here’s how it works:
· By linking Amazon Prime accounts with the FordPass or Lincoln Way apps, delivery drivers will be able to securely access a customer’s vehicle to make a delivery.
· As soon as a delivery is completed, customers receive a notification on their smartphones.
· For added peace of mind, delivery drivers are required to double-check the door handle before departing to make sure the car is locked.
· Plus, if a customer changes their mind the day of delivery, access to their vehicle can be blocked and the delivery rescheduled or redirected to their home.
People everywhere are actively looking for ways to simplify their lives, and this partnership is just one example of the endless upcoming opportunities in working with Ford. According to the Harvard Business Review, the on-demand economy is attracting more than 22.4 million consumers annually and $57.6 billion in spending, and that is only expected to grow.
These apps help users connect with the Concierge team, real people, with real answers on demand. Chat through the app or speak with a live agent for questions about your vehicle, help with your account or even roadside assistance.