The second long-player from Genesis bassist and guitarist Mike Rutherford’s ‘other band’ is being reissued as a special four-disc, 2CD + 2LP deluxe edition.
This release includes new notes by Neil McCormick, and of course bringing the vinyl and CDs together. This is beautiful double LP, deluxe 40 page picture book with all of your favorites remastered and brought up to 2019 standards.
This edition is truly the way Mike + The Mechanics is made to be listened to. You can also order on Amazon here.
LP1 SIDE ONE
1. Nobody's Perfect 2. The Living Years 3. Seeing Is Believing 4. Nobody Knows 5. Poor Boy Down
LP1 SIDE TWO
1. Blame 2. Don't 3. Black & Blue 4. Beautiful Day 5. Why Me?
LP2 SIDE ONE
1. The Living Years 2014 2. Seeing Is Believing* 3. Don't* 4. Black & Blue*
LP2 SIDE TWO
1. Silent Running* 2. Par Avion* 3. Take the Reins* 4. Nobody's Perfect* 5. Hanging By A Thread*
1. Nobody's Perfect 2. The Living Years 3. Seeing Is Believing 4. Nobody Knows 5. Poor Boy Down 6. Blame 7. Don't 8. Black & Blue 9. Beautiful Day 10. Why Me?
1. The Living Years 2014 2. Seeing Is Believing* 3. Don't* 4. Black & Blue* 5. Silent Running* 6. Par Avion* 7. Take The Reins* 8. Nobody's Perfect* 9. A Call To Arms* 10. Beautiful Day* 11. Hanging By A Thread*
The M+ the M supergroup formed in 1985 as a side project of Mike Rutherford, the bassist/guitarist and one of the founding members of the band Genesis. The band is known for their hit singles "Silent Running", "All I Need Is a Miracle", "Taken In", "The Living Years", "Word of Mouth" and "Over My Shoulder".
Initially, the band included Rutherford, vocalists Paul Carrack and Paul Young, keyboardist Adrian Lee and drummer Peter Van Hooke. Carrack was generally assigned to ballads and more pop-oriented numbers, while Young handled the band's heavier work. After a successful decade, Lee and Van Hooke dropped out in 1995, and were not replaced. Following Young's death in 2000, Carrack became the band's sole lead vocalist until 2004. A new formulation of the band tours now that is also great with Rutherford leading the younger members.