Among the many announcements this week at Mobile World Congress.
AT&T and Samsung announced that starting March 2, AT&T customers and businesses can pre-order the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+, arriving in our stores on March 16. And by the end of March, it will be available to FirstNet users – the country’s first and only high-speed communications platform built for first responders –providing the functionality public safety agencies and first responders deserve.
Bringing the tech upgrades that they need, first responders subscribing to FirstNet will be able to add the Galaxy S9 and S9+ to the list of tools they can use to safely and effectively respond to emergencies. Both devices will let them tap into the full FirstNet experience, delivering a reliable, highly secure and always-on connection to the critical information they need. The Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ is also the first Samsung device with built-in Band 14 access.
On AT&T Next, consumers can buy the Samsung Galaxy S9 for $26.34 or the Samsung Galaxy S9+ for $30.50 over 30 months.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 will also be available at select Cricket Wireless stores and online beginning on March 16th.
The Galaxy S9 features a 5.8-inch edge-to-edge Infinite Display and the Galaxy S9+ packs in a 6.2-inch display, for those looking for even more screen. Both are paired with DIRECTV, so AT&T customers can enjoy some of the best in entertainment from movies to live-action sports to made-for-TV series and even live concerts. Customers also get HBO included with the latest AT&T unlimited data plans.
For those who love to capture live moments, the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ features Super Slow-mo – capturing 4x as many frames per second – and 4K UHD recording capabilities. In addition, the S9+ takes your camera to the next level with 3 extra features, which include: Dual Camera, a dual OIS on both lenses; Clear Zoom, letting you capture crisp photos when shooting from a distance; and Live Focus, letting you focus and adjust amount of background blur in your photos.
Other features made for Work & Play on the Galaxy S9 and S9+ include:
· One tap. Two apps. With App Pair and a tap of your finger, you can launch 2 apps at once and use them side by side on the immersive Infinity Display.
· Conquer the elements. With an IP68 rating, the Galaxy S9/S9+ is water and dust resistant, so you can use it worry-free.
· Unlock with a look. Users can choose between three different biometric authentication options – iris, fingerprint and facial recognition. Fusion biometrics now lets you unlock your device, even if you’re in the dark or bright light.
· Keep it all. Get up to 6x more storage with a 400GB MicroSD card. And have peace of mind knowing you’ll have more room for videos, photos and files when you need it most.
· More power to you. Stay out late and get more done with a battery that outlasts your day.
· Charge fast. Avoid the wires and power-up quickly by placing your phone on a Fast-Wireless Charger.